I’ve decided that I quite like April. The evenings are finally stretching that bit longer meaning that we can actually still have a bit of a life after the long, hard day’s slog; people are dusting off the lawn mowers and resurrecting their summer wardrobes; and almost everyone is in good form. The vitamin-D inspired endorphins don’t always last very long, so we’ll make the most of them while we can. While we wait for the sun to come and stay for keeps, there are plenty of ways to get that summer feeling!
1. Get your nails done at Tropical Popical. It’s affordable, quirky and the mani’s are great. Not to mention that it’s summer all the time here. Tropical Popical also feature a Disco Bar at weekends, where you can get disco-ready with their dry bar and make-up artist. And best of all, you can sip on a coconut full of lilt while you wait!
Check it out: Tropical Popical, 28 South William Street. http://www.tropicalpopical.com
2. Go on a picnic.
My other half doesn’t know it yet but the next sunny day that doesn’t involve either of us having to work will be my first picnic of the season. He bought me a picnic basket for Christmas and I’ve yet to use it! It’s pink, comes with its own cutlery (and wine glasses) and it’s made from wicker. I know, it’s the real deal. How cute will I be? Just need a matching blanket now. And maybe some singing birds in the background, if it’s not too much to ask for.
3. Start wearing your sunglasses everywhere. Outdoors and in. On the bus or just cruising around. Even if tomorrow is a dull day, summer is all about choosing fashion over rationality. In fact, go and buy yourself a new pair! You deserve it. 🙂
4. Invest in a totally new shade of lipstick. My sights are set on a bright orange. It might seem like a scary shade and applied carelessly there’s a chance it could look like you’ve drank too much orange soda, but with the help of a pretty coral lip liner, it can turn out fabulously! I have it sitting patiently on my must buy list. My eye is on the Make Up For Ever (no surprise there) coral aqua lip liner and orange lipstick…
5. Choose your favourite summer smells and start indulging in them. Sun lotion, freshly cut grass and happiness. Apply some sun lotion even if you’re not heading away – it’s good for you to apply SPF daily anyway, plus it smells like the beach. It’s a win win situation!
6. Get a 99. I say that in all selflessness as I’m not a fan of ice cream but I know an Irish summer wouldn’t exist without the classic cone. If you’re an oddball, like me, pick up a loop the loop instead.